Discovery+ Behind Mystery Donald Trump Docuseries That’s A Reason The January 6th Committee Will Extend Hearings Into July

SpecificRepresentative: Benny Thompson (D-MS), President 6 January Committeesaid on Wednesday that the hearing schedule would continue in July as well.

One reason: newly acquired evidence, including footage of a British filmmaker alex holder, who is due to speak to the committee on Thursday. Per Politico, Thompson called the footage he saw “critical” but declined to elaborate.

Deadline may tell that the three-part series – unprecedented – Bought by Search, We understand that former BBC executive Greg Sanderson, formerly the executive producer of the British public broadcaster’s documentary Strand Storyville, was working with Holder on the project.

Holder said in a statement this week that the footage is from the final six weeks of President Trump’s re-election campaign, as well as never-before-seen footage of the January 6 attack on the US Capitol. The series includes interviews with Trump, his daughter Ivanka, sons Eric and Don Jr., and son-in-law Jared Kushner, as well as Vice President Mike Pence. Holder said he and his team are “fully cooperating” with the summons.

Update: Warner Bros. Discovery confirmed the story and a spokesperson said “Alex Holder’s”. unprecedented The three-part documentary about the 2020 election will be released on Discovery+ later this summer. Featuring never-before-seen footage of the Trump family on the campaign trail and their reactions to the election outcome, the docuseries will feature intimate and unprecedented interviews with Trump, his family and others in the White House.

unprecedented

It was previously unclear which streaming service had bought the rights to it.

What’s certainly a bit of an enigma, though, is what’s in the documentary and how Holder got access to Trump and his inner circle.

Some members of the Trump campaign were in the dark that the project even existed and were surprised when it came to light. But it’s the type of new twist that potentially gives the committee more as they build their case against Trump, with the release of audio and video clips that have had their biggest impact so far in their hearings.

Few are known: The New York Times reported on Tuesday that in an interview, Ivanka Trump appears to be endorsing her father’s false claims of election fraud, Saying, “He has to fight this battle.” The Times also reported that the filmmaker got access to the Trump family through Jason Greenblatt, who was the White House envoy to the Middle East at the time. CBS News’ Robert Costa reports that Holder has 11 hours of footage of interviews with the Trump family from September 2020 to January 2021.

Holder suggested that one of the reasons the project received so little attention was that, due to the sale of the footage, he “did not have the legal right to release material before or to discuss the project publicly.”

Committee member representative Jamie Ruskin (D-MD) said that he became aware of the footage when “a person privy to the information contacted me, wrote me a letter, and at least that was the way.” I came on the road. There could be other contacts as well.” He declined to say whether it was the filmmakers who had approached him.

Holder is perhaps best known as a producer on the documentary Keep Quiet, about the leader of Hungary’s far-right Orthodox Party, who expresses anti-Semitic beliefs after discovering that he is of Jewish heritage. The film had its world premiere at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival.

His lawyer did not respond to a comment on the committee’s decision to cooperate with the summons. While documentary filmmakers have made legal appearances before delivering outtakes and other footage to courts and other government bodies, the January 6 committee has won the cooperation of not only Holder, but also of Nick Quest, who took the first hearing on his project. I testified. Far-right group The Proud Boys.